When someone dies, his or her assets are distributed in accordance with the law. However, a person who wants to have a distribution that differs from the statutory rules may solve this by a will. It may be wishes to benefit a particular person or special requests regarding certain property. For a will to be valid it must be signed and the signature must be witnessed by two people simultaneously present. Regardless of the existence of a will direct heirs (ie the deceased child) always have the option to request their lawful share (Laglott). The lawful share is equal to half of the estate.

Wills can be established for one or more persons. A mutual will is usually made between spouses and people in a cohabiting relationship and then called inbördes testamente.

If you want the help of a lawyer to draw up a will or a mutual will please contact us by phone or e-mail.

Skicka fråga